About Lap Swimming
Instructional Pool (the warm pool): 87 degrees, 6 lanes at 25 yards
Performance Pool (the cool pool): 80 degrees, 11 lanes at 25 yards
Lanes are dedicated to Lap Swimming in the Performance Pool and the Instructional Pool seven days per week year-round with a lifeguard on duty at all times. The number of lanes for Lap Swimming varies according to scheduled activities in each pool, but during the times below, you will find designated lap lanes. Look for the yellow cones on deck.
Safety Protocols for COVID-19
Please bring the following when Lap Swimming:
1. Already be dressed to swim
Requirements to enter the pool:
1. Must have a face mask on
2. Must have temperature taken by staff prior to entering
3. Must not have any symptoms of illness
Requirements for youth swimmers: (12 years and under)
1. If reserving a lane for your child, they must be capable of swimming laps independently for an extended period of time
2. An adult must be on the pool deck right by the lane observing and ensuring safety and supervision
3. We do NOT allow parents/adults to be swimming in the lane with or next to the youth swimmer due to Covid-19 guidelines
Arrival to Burgess Facility
When you arrive at the facility we will have a one-way entry point and one exit point as seen on the map below. You will then line up along the fence while following social distancing guidelines. You will be greeted by a staff member that will guide you to your lane. You will need to arrive at the pool in your swim attire. Currently we are not able to open the locker rooms or showers. We will have 1 restroom available for you to use that will be disinfected after each use.
Entering The Pool
The pool will be set up with lane numbers, with odd and even numbers entering the pool on opposing sides. Swimmers will be guided to the side of the pool where they enter the water.
Exiting The Pool
Our lifeguards will blow the whistle at 35 minutes to signify the end of the swim time. You will have 5 minutes to gather your things and head to the exit. There will only be one exit to the pool located in the back of the lap pool. Once you exit the pool you will need to continue to follow social distancing guidelines and wear a face-mask. Our staff will make sure we are all staying safe and following the guidelines.
Pricing & Policies for Burgess Pool Lap Swim
|Adult/Youth:||$10 per reservation|
|Senior Membership (65 years + ):||$59/month|
*If you have purchased a lap swim membership and it is active as of the time of booking (not swimming), you will not need to pay any fees when reserving a lane. You must have an activation date of your membership for the day you want to start booking reservations online.
– Limit 1 lane reservation per day per person.
– 1 person per lane. Please do not have family/friends loitering on deck waiting.
– With a membership you can book up to 4 swims per week (Sunday to Saturday). 4 swims total between both locations: Belle Haven & Burgess Pools.
– “No Shows” or late cancellations (made in under 24 hours) count towards the 4 swims per week
– Lane number may change to accommodate disabled swimmers.
– Lane reservations can be booked within the next 7 days only. The 7th day (in advance) is released online at midnight.
– Start date of contract/membership is the first day that you will be able to book lane reservations at no additional costs.
– At this time, each person coming to the pool to lap swim, must have a separate MINDBODY login. There is not a way at this time to book for your family members under your account.
If you know that you cannot make your lane reservation, please cancel your reservation online as soon as possible to open the spot for another member of the community. If you cancelled that reservation more than 24 hours in advance, you can rebook using that purchase at another time. There will be no refunds for lane reservations
There are no credits or refunds for bookings cancelled within 24 hours of the booking.
You may register for a time slot reservation through our App iPhone App for Apple & the Android App for Android or through our Mindbody website. You MUST pick a lane and reserve a time through the “Reserve A Lane” link. Each reservation is 45 minutes in length (35 minutes of swim time and a 10 minute buffer to enter and exit the facility).
Check-In at Burgess Pool
Burgess Pool at Menlo Swim & Sport features a check-in system requiring either a check-in card or our smartphone app to gain access to our facilities. You can download the iPhone App for Apple & the Android App for Android users by clicking the links above.
Schedule for Burgess Pool Lap Swim
January 2 – May 31, 2021
|Mon/Wed/Fri||11 Lanes available||8:15am – 3:45pm|
|Tues/Thurs||11 Lanes available||8:15am – 12:00pm & 12:45pm – 3:45pm|
|Friday||11 Lanes available||8:15pm – 9:45pm|
|Saturday||11 Lanes available||8:15am – 6:00pm|
|Sunday||11 Lanes available||7:30am – 6:00pm|
|Monday – Friday||6 Lanes available||6:00am – 9:00am|
|5 Lanes available||9:30am – 3:45pm|
|Wed/Thur/Fri||6 Lanes available||8:15pm – 9:45pm|
|Saturday/Sunday||6 Lanes available||6:00am – 9:00am|
|5 Lanes available||9:00am – 6:00pm|
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: When do lap swim/masters reservations open?
A: Reservations are released online automatically by the registration system 7 days ahead at midnight.
Q: Why don’t I see reservations for the next week?
A: You may not be seeing the reservations for the 7th day out because of the filters on your search. If you have the “As soon as possible” option selected in your Date(s) search, the system will only show you the most immediate appointments available.
Try refining your search or just selecting the “Next 2 weeks” option in the Date(s) filter.
Q: I just bought a membership, but was still charged $10. Why?
A: There are a couple of reasons that this could have happened.
- You paid for the membership and the lap reservation in the same purchase. In this case, the membership had not yet been applied to your account prior to the lane reservation.
- You set the start date of your membership forward. The membership must be active at the time of making the booking online (not the time of the time you are planning to swim). If the system does not recognize your membership is active at the time you are booking online, you will not receive the membership benefit of booking at no additional charge.
Q: I am a 2020 annual member. Are you automatically switching me to a monthly membership in 2021?
A: No. We ant to make sure all of our annual members want to move into a monthly, recurring membership. Not to fear! It is very easy to do online. Please follow this link.
Q: I am a monthly member. Do I need to do anything to carry my membership into 2021?
A: Your monthly membership is recurring so there is no action needed from you to continue your membership into 2021.
How To Cancel A Lane Reservation
Our late cancellation window is 12 hours.
You can now cancel outside of 12 hours from your reservation time without any penalty.
When you are paying $10 per swim, if you cancel that reservation more than 12 hours in advance, you will have the ability to use that prepaid swim towards your next lane reservation.
If you have a membership with us, a cancellation done more than 12 hours in advance of the reservation, will not count towards your maximum of 4 swims per week
(Sunday to Saturday).
As soon as you know that you are not going to be able to make it to one of your reservations, please go to your schedule online and cancel your reservation so that someone else has the option to swim.
To cancel a booking online please, login to your account here.
Click on the “My Info” tab, then on “My schedule.” If your booking is outside of 12 hours, you will have the option to “Cancel.” If your booking is within 12 hours, you will have the ability to “Late Cancel.”
Unfortunately, our app does not currently allow late cancellations. You can; however late cancel on any browser.
In the event that the facility is closed due to poor air quality, our customer service staff will be early cancelling your reservations. This returns the prepaid swims to your account which you can use towards your next bookings.
You can see which prepaid swims you have available by logging into your account, going to the “My Info” tab then “Account.”
At the time of your next booking, the prepaid swim will be applied automatically.
If you have any trouble using your prepaid swims, please email our customer service staff at firstname.lastname@example.org